Top 10 Fun Facts about Italy
As teams and staff prepare for the upcoming 2016 LaserPerformance Collegiate Cup, it’s important to gather knowledge about the country the #LPCC2016 is being held in. We did our research and have compiled a list of fun facts about Italy (it was hard to shorten the list to only 10, but we managed!). Now, here are the Top 10 Fun Facts about Italy That You Should Know before the LPCC 2016.
- Italy has the Guinness record for the country with the most lifts (elevators).
- Italians, on average eat around 66 pounds of pasta per year.
- Some of the police officers in Lazio (Rome’s province) drive a Lamborghini
- Italy is only slightly bigger than New Zealand
- The ice cream cone is an Italian invention, and so are eyeglasses
- Italy is now known for having Europe’s lowest birthrate
- Italy has over 3,000 museums
- Italy has a population of over 60 million people and foreigners make up 8.2% of that population
- Italy has more hotel rooms than any other nation in Europe
- The average Italian consumes half a pound of bread a day